When it comes to dealing with Sciatica, you need a trained and highy skilled team on your side.
At Strive2Move, we specialize in helping relieve the pain brought on by Sciatica and we get you back to your life and moving.
How To Relieve Sciatica… and Get Back To Doing What You Love
- Are you worried about hip pain or sciatica pain that isn’t going away on its own, no matter how much rest, stretching, or exercise you do?
- Do you suffer from shooting pain deep in your hip? Like a tooth ache that gets worse when you sit for too long or try to bend down?
- Are you having trouble staying active because of sharp, stabbing pain?
- Are you frustrated that you can’t exercise, even though it’s supposed to be good for you?
- Do you have trouble doing the simple things? Like bending to pick up your kid or grandkid or simply picking up the grocery bags?
- Are you having trouble sleeping? Or getting out of bed in the morning because of pain or stiffness in your hip?
- Do you want nothing more than to just get back to living your normal life without constant hip or sciatica pain?
Then I assure you, you’ve come to the right place.
So many people are just like you and have been suffering from hip and sciatica pain.
And what concerns us at Strive2Move is we hear about so many people who suffer needlessly from hip pain, and are often told:
- They are in pain because of their ‘age’ and they need to “accept it”
- To rely on pills (which can often be addictive and dangerous)
- The pain is coming from your ‘arthritis’ or ‘degenerating discs’
- You have a bulging disc in your back that will need injections or even surgery
- “Just rest, or do some stretches”
And you are someone who wants nothing more than just to get back to your normal, active lifestyle…
Then I assure you, you’ve come to the right place!
Many people (doctors included) make the critical mistake of only treating the “symptoms” of the pain, and not taking the necessary time or energy to understand the true, “root causes” of the problem.
When it comes to something as serious as hip pain or sciatica, choosing the right provider, and getting the absolute best ‘non-invasive treatment’ could mean the difference between you getting back to your normal, active lifestyle, or a life on painkillers and needing a potentially life-altering surgery.
Our goal at Strive2Move is not only to get rid of your pain, but also heal your body and give you a PERMANENT FIX to your problems!
Which is why at Strive2Move, we have created a very comprehensive 3-step process to not only get rid of your pain, but also fix it for good.
We understand it can be difficult to know exactly what you should do when you’ve got hip pain or sciatica. It can be overwhelming with the amount of “options” there are out there, like
- Friends telling you to “try this product”
- Family members telling you to try Physical Therapy
- A co-worker mentions going to a massage therapist
- The “experts” on YouTube tell you to try THIS stretch
- And meanwhile the doctors are giving you painkillers or muscle relaxers (that we know only mask the problem!)
It can be hard to decide to seek care because you might be afraid of what may happen if you make the wrong decision.
When you are in pain, or have been injured, you deserve a chance to have your story heard and be listened to.
It can be difficult to get a doctor to spend more than 5 minutes with you nowadays (and doctors are much more likely to prescribe pills or recommend surgery instead of taking the time to figure out the “root cause”).
But at Strive2Move, we understand that every single person who walks into our treatment room is different and has a unique story, body type, and also set of goals and desires…
One of the biggest mistakes so many people make is focusing on the ‘symptom’ of pain, without taking the time to properly evaluate and assess the true “root cause.”
This is the BIGGEST reason why so many people suffer from pain much longer than they should.
What exactly does “root cause” mean?
The “root cause” of an injury can be one, or many parts of the body that many be stiff, weak, or lack the proper stability which can cause other parts of your body to “compensate” and cause pain elsewhere.
What may be difficult for people to understand about these “root cause” areas is they may not actually be painful! Some examples of these might be:
- “Tight hips” pulling on your lower back causing inflammation and scar tissue to build up
- A “pinched nerve” in your neck causing “referred pain” down your shoulder or arm
- An old ankle injury that didn’t heal properly which could be causing your knee to “compensate” for your injury
At Strive2Move, this is why getting to know you and finding the root cause is so important and is our first step in our 3-step process.
We WILL take the time to listen to you, your story, and fully understand what you’re going through, and the frustrations you may have.
We will also take the time to learn what your goals are, so we can create a highly personalized plan of care that is perfectly tailored to you and your needs.
- Whether you are afraid of having to STOP exercising and want to know every possible way to continue
- Or you keep getting injured in the gym or just to afraid to START
- Or you want to enjoy life with your friends, family, kids, and grandkids without feeling the constant fear or burden of pain
We will create a plan that is catered around YOU.
How do we figure out the root cause of YOUR injury?
– Motion Analysis: Using our motion capture technology, we can quickly and efficiently find out where your joints may be stiff or muscles are tight. Even more, we will find where your body is compensating with objective data points. Strive2Move uses the same system as many NFL and NBA teams.
– Hands-On Assessment: Once we capture your movement on video, we will confirm what we see through hands on, joint and muscle assessment. We will take the time to analyze not only the area of pain but also, above and below to make sure we capture any compensation that we find
– Watch Your ‘Sport’: While it seems obvious, a large piece of the Strive2Move system is watching you do the activity that troubles you. So if ‘Deadlifting’ hurts, we must see you do it! If picking up your baby hurts, we want to see you do it OR at least simulate it as best we can. This ensures that we leave no stone unturned and that all possibilities are considered to get you back doing what you love.
In step two, our goal is to reduce and eliminate your pain….
How do we do this?
What makes us unique and different from ALL other chiropractors is that our unique treatment involves a combination of ‘hands on’ techniques and corrective exercises.
Let’s break each one down:
Our doctors have spent literally HUNDREDS of hours training various manual therapy and manipulation techniques to ensure you get the best possible results.
These techniques will help to get those chronically stiff and achy joints and tight muscles to start loosening up and end the cycle of pain you are experiencing.
Chronically stiff muscles and joints can cause you problems such as:
- poor postures
- lack of flexibility which will restrict your movements in the gym
- scar tissue and inflammation
Some of these techniques include…
- Trigger Point Release Therapy
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation
- Cupping Therapy
- TheraGun Treatment
- Gentle Joint Manipulation
Will These Hurt?
A common question that gets asked is whether these types of treatment will “hurt” or cause “more pain.”
I want to assure you that is NOT the case here.
While these techniques may sometimes cause a small bit of soreness, it usually comes in the form of that “good pain” in that you know something positive is happening inside your body.
We often talk to people about working out for the first time after a long time off. The muscles and joints are a ‘good sore’ when you finish and this is what often happens with manual therapy.
But I also want you to know that YOU will be in control of what happens to your body.
Before we perform ANY treatment, we will take the time to thoroughly explain every single technique or treatment to you, and how you will benefit from it, to make sure you understand and feel comfortable with our methods.
When we ask our satisfied patients what makes us different than the ‘typical’ chiropractor, the unique approach to corrective exercise is most often the answer.
This is what we refer to as “Phase 2” of your treatment (and also the step where most other chiropractors, acupuncturists, and massage therapists miss the boat).
Our Strive2Move system ensures that our doctors have an intimate understanding of exercise. This includes classic weight lifting, Olympic Lifting, CrossFit training, Yoga, strength and conditioning, and high performance training.
Some of our patients DO perform these activities at a high level while others just want to feel good and be healthy. Either way, our Strive2Move system caters to each need.
And rather than just talking about it, we actually guide and coach you IN THE TREATMENT session. You see, many chiropractors claim to understand exercise but most will claim they simply don’t have the TIME to do it with a patient in the treatment session.
We don’t subscribe to that.
We know that finding a long term solution is about ensuring that you exercise properly and safely and we will make sure you can do this with us!
Exercise is an important aspect of healing from an injury, but we often see and hear from people that do the “wrong exercise” or don’t understand how to exercise with “proper form” which often leads to more pain and injury down the line.
It’s been said that “Movement IS the best medicine.” It can also cause you MANY injuries if done improperly.
Our goal is that your exercise makes you STRONGER and more CONFIDENT to live the active and healthy life you desire!
After steps one and two, we want to ensure we have helped you achieve your goals and are able to get back to doing what you love!
So the last step is to make sure you have received the care you’ve been looking for.
We have been witness to people who have avoided back surgeries, even when doctors have said nothing else can be done…
We have seen people diagnosed by their doctor with ‘chronic hip and sciatic pain’ who have tried ‘everything’ and were ready for surgery become completely pain free and get back to living the active lifestyle they want.
We have seen people who have looked online for ‘sciatic stretches’ for months, only to realize the stretches were actually making them worse! Once we got to the root cause of the problem, we watched them play golf, lift weights, and travel to the places they dreamed, PAIN FREE!
We promise that there will be no magic pill or simple fix to complex problems.
But we DO promise to use every single tool, resource and ounce of knowledge we possess in order to make improvements in how you move, how you feel, so that you can achieve the outcome you are looking for.
We are NOT a practice that uses a few machines or gives out sheets of exercises.
We ARE a practice that specializes in doing everything and anything possible within our scope of practice to help people make significant transformations within their confidence, mobility, and quality of life… without needing to take pills or have unnecessary surgeries… even if all other conservative options have failed.