How Strive2Move In Martinsville, NJ Can Help You End Back Pain
- Are you scared that you may become dependent on painkillers? (which we know are addictive and dangerous.
- Are you worried that surgery might be your only option to solve your lower back pain?
- Has your back pain not gone away on its own, no matter how much “rest” you’ve been told to do?
- Are you tired of doing ‘stretches,’ or other lower back exercises for your back that just don’t seem to work?
- Are you frustrated that physical therapy, acupuncture, or other chiropractic clinics haven’t worked, and your pain seems to be getting worse?
- Does it concern you that you’re unable to get back in shape because you are worried that exercising might hurt you more?
- Are you having trouble keeping up with friends and family, and missing out on your favorite activities because of the pain?
- Are you worried you may have to leave the gym if your pain continues to get worse?
- Are you frustrated with constantly searching ‘low back pain causes,’ or ‘upper back pain’ on Google, without having found a permanent solution to your problem?
Then I assure you, you’ve come to the right place!
The number of people suffering from back problems everyday is skyrocketing at a very alarming rate.
The most worrisome part abou this is so many people who suffer from back pain are often told:
- To take these pills (which we know are addicting and dangerous!)
- You need to have back surgery (which can be dangerous, and in most cases completely unnecessary!)
- They are in pain because of their ‘age’ and they need to “accept it.”
- “Just rest, or do some stretches”
At Strive2Move, we specialize in helping active adults heal their backs naturally (without pain pills or surgery), and get back to doing what they love, pain free.
We understand it can be difficult to know exactly what you should do when you’ve got a back injury. It can be overwhelming with the amount of options that are out there:
- A doctor says to take these pills…
- A co-worker mentioned surgery might be your best option…
- Friends telling you to “try this product…”
- Family members telling you to see a physical therapist…
- The “experts” on Youtube tell you to try this stretch…
It can be hard to decide to seek care, because you might be afraid of what happens if you make the wrong decision
Many people (doctors included) make the CRITICAL MISTAKE of only treating the “symptom” of pain, and not taking the necessary time or energy to understand the true “root causes” of the problem.
When it comes to something as serious as back pain, spinal stenosis, or degenerating disc, choosing the right provider and getting the absolute best ‘non-surgical treatment’ could mean the difference between you getting back to you active lifestyle pain free, or living a life on painkillers and needing a potentially life-altering surgery.
Our goal at Strive2Move is not only to get rid of your back pain, but also heal your body and give you a PERMANENT fix to your problems!
We understand the human body has the AMAZING potential to heal on its own, as long as it is given the proper conditions and environment to heal.
Which is why here at Strive2Move, we have created a very comprehensive, 3-step method to not only get rid of your pain, but also fix it permanently!
It can be difficult to get a doctor to spend more than five minutes with you nowadays
(and doctors are much more likely to prescribe pills or recommend surgery instead of taking the time to figure out the “root cause”).
But at Strive2Move, we understand that every single person who walks into our treatment room is different and has a unique story, body type, and also set of goals and desires…
One of the biggest mistakes so many people make is focusing on the ‘symptom’ of pain, without taking the time to properly evaluate and assess the true “root cause.”
This is the BIGGEST reason why so many people suffer from pain much longer than they should.
What exactly does “root cause” mean?
The “root cause” of an injury can be one, or many parts of the body that many be stiff, weak, or lack the proper stability which can cause other parts of your body to “compensate” and cause pain elsewhere.
What may be difficult for people to understand about these “root cause” areas is they may not actually be painful! Some examples of these might be:
- “Tight hips” pulling on your lower back causing inflammation and scar tissue to build up
- Weak glute muscles causing your lower back to pick up the slack and ‘overwork’
- Chronically tight hip flexors that are pull your spine out of alignment and make your back joints stiff and achy
At Strive2Move, this is why getting to know you and finding the root cause is so important and is step one in our 3-step process.
We WILL take the time to listen to you, your story, and fully understand what you’re going through, and the frustrations you may have.
We will also take the time to learn what your goals are, so we can create a highly personalized plan of care that is perfectly tailored to you and your needs.
- Whether you are afraid of having to STOP exercising and want to know every possible way to continue
- Or you keep getting injured in the gym or just to afraid to START
- Or you want to enjoy life with your friends, family, kids, and grandkids without feeling the constant fear or burden of pain
We will create a plan that is catered around YOU.
How do we figure out the root cause of YOUR injury?
Using our motion capture technology, we can quickly and efficiently find out where your joints may be stiff or muscles are tight. Even more, we will find where your body is compensating with objective data points. Strive2Move uses the same system as many NFL and NBA teams.
Once we capture your movement on video, we will confirm what we see through hands on, joint and muscle assessment. We will take the time to analyze not only the area of pain but also, above and below to make sure we capture any compensation that we find
Watch Your ‘Sport’
While it seems obvious, a large piece of the Strive2Move system is watching you do the activity that troubles you. So if ‘Deadlifting’ hurts, we must see you do it! If picking up your baby hurts, we want to see you do it OR at least simulate it as best we can. This ensures that we leave no stone unturned and that all possibilities are considered to get you back doing what you love.
How do we do this?
What makes us unique and different from ALL other chiropractors or physical therapists is that our unique treatment involves a combination of ‘hands on’ techniques and corrective exercises.
Let’s break each one down.
1) Manual Therapy/Manipulations:
Our doctors have spent literally HUNDREDS of hours training various manual therapy and manipulation techniques to ensure you get the best possible results.
These techniques will help to get those chronically stiff and achy joints and tight muscles to start loosening up and end the cycle of pain you are experiencing.
Chronically stiff muscles and joints can cause you problems such as:
- poor posture
- lack of flexibility which will restrict your movements in the gym
- scar tissue and inflammation
Some of these techniques include…
- Trigger Point Release Therapy
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation
- Cupping Therapy
- TheraGun Treatment
- Gentle Joint Manipulation
Will These Hurt?
A common question that gets asked is whether these types of treatment will “hurt” or cause “more pain.
I want to assure you that is NOT the case here.
While these techniques may sometimes cause a small bit of soreness, it usually comes in the form of that “good pain” in that you know something positive is happening inside your body.
We often talk to people about working out for the first time after a long time off. The muscles and joints are a ‘good sore’ when you finish and this is what often happens with manual therapy.
But I also want you to know that YOU will be in control of what happens to your body.
Before we perform ANY treatment, we will take the time to thoroughly explain every single technique or treatment to you, and how you will benefit from it, to make sure you understand and feel comfortable with our methods.
2) Corrective Exercise
When we ask our satisfied patients what makes us different than the ‘typical’ chiropractor, the unique approach to corrective exercise is most often the answer.
This is what we refer to as “Phase 2” of your treatment (and also the step where most other chiropractors, acupuncturists, and massage therapists miss the boat).
Our Strive2Move system ensures that our doctors have an intimate understanding of exercise. This includes classic weight lifting, Olympic Lifting, CrossFit training, Yoga, strength and conditioning, and high performance training.
Some of our patients DO perform these activities at a high level while others just want to feel good and be healthy. Either way, our Strive2Move system caters to each need.
And rather than just talking about it, we actually guide and coach you IN THE TREATMENT session. You see, many chiropractors claim to understand exercise but most will claim they simply don’t have the TIME to do it with a patient in the treatment session.
We don’t subscribe to that.
We know that finding a long term solution is about ensuring that you exercise properly and safely and we will make sure you can do this with us!
Exercise is an important aspect of healing from an injury, but we often see and hear from people that do the “wrong exercise” or don’t understand how to exercise with “proper form” which often leads to more pain and injury down the line.
It’s been said that “Movement IS the best medicine.” It can also cause you MANY injuries if done improperly.
Our goal is that your exercise makes you STRONGER and more CONFIDENT to live the active and healthy life you desire!
So the last step is to make sure you have received the care you’ve been looking for.
We have been witness to people who have avoided back surgeries, even when doctors have said nothing else can be done…
We have seen people diagnosed with severe low back disc herniations be able to squat and deadlift pain free, even though a few months earlier, the thought of doing it would make them cringe.
We have seen avid golfers who were ready to give up the game due to low back arthritis playing 18-holes again (and shooting in the 70’s!) WITHOUT taking a handful of pain pills to get them through the round.
We promise that there will be no magic pill or simple fix to complex problems.
But we DO promise to use every single tool, resource and ounce of knowledge we possess in order to make improvements in how you move, how you feel, so that you can achieve the outcome you are looking for.
We are NOT a practice that uses a few machines or gives out sheets of exercises.
We ARE a practice that specializes in doing everything and anything possible within our scope of practice to help people make significant transformations within their confidence, mobility, and quality of life… without needing to take pills or have unnecessary surgeries… even if all other conservative options have failed.
If you've been struggling for too long with chronic back pain, this is a resource for you to give you hope that a better day is ahead for you.